Saturday, July 13, 2013

It's Saturday and that means it's time for another technique video here at Swirlydoos. This week I show you how to turn your gelatos into a mist and create a background with them that actually mimics papers in the kit this month! Why would anyone want to do that?! So that we can hoard the actual papers silly!!!

I adore the Sunrise Sunset collection but could not bring myself to use an entire piece to cover up in the background. Instead, I used gelatos to create the faded and grungy effect that I love so much. 



So now that I've aired my dirty laundry it's your turn. Come over to the forum and share your most SHAMELESS paper hoarding story/habit.


Another way to use Gelatos is to paint with them. Here I focused on a flower I created using Stazon ink, gelatos, and the Lindy's mint color that cam in the kit. Make sure that if you are coloring with water based products your stamped image is stamped in ink that is NOT water based. The fly and postage are rub on's from the kit as well.



Here I took a closeup of the edge of the paper. You can see where I stamped as well over my background using the Gelatos. 




Here's a closeup of the upper corner. 


And here's the video where I created this background!

Using Gelatos as a mist and other Gelato techniques   
    

Hope you give these techniques a try!!!

Happy Saturday all!!

Andiepants

0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed