Sunday, November 3, 2013
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for November is.....

Maria Harms

Here is a bit from Maria:

I am Maria Harms, married to my husband Luke for almost 24 years (Holy Batman - I was only 17 when I met him!). We have two children - a son who is 22 and a 14 year old daughter. 

I am currently employed full time as a paralegal for a personal injury attorney and live in sunny Florida where I am already complaining about the cold mornings, at a bitter 68 degrees.  Unfortunately, I have a Lupus and it seriously messes with my ability to craft as much as I would like.  I would love to participate in more round robins and challenges, but find that my current treatment, which involves being in the hospital for 9 days every 3 months is just down right time consuming and inconvenient. 

I started scrapbooking in January of 2009, after my DH watched an infomercial on the Cricut and decided I would like it and bought me one.  I loved it and ended up with a regular one, a mini, and the last one that did print and cut.  Sold them all and bought a Silhoutte Cameo which is even better.  I joined Swirlydoos in August of 2011 after a short stint at another kit club that didn't live up to my expectations.  I don't thinking have really settled on a style yet, but out of necessity, due to energy and the fact that I am just slow, I think cards and tags is my future.  I will put everything and the kitchen sink on my projects and will take a girly frilly project over having to do something masculine anyday. 


Here are a some of my favorite projects of Maria's, sure to inspire you!!


Click to view full size image

Click to view full size image

December_2012_Anatomy_of_a_LO_-_Believe_Kit~0.jpg

Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be! We love our Swirlygirls!!

3 comments:

Merrihew said...

Congratulations on being Featured Member of the month, Maria!

LISA said...

I LOVE my Maria!!! She is talented, and sweet and oh so smart!! AND....she has way to much scrappy stuff just like me!! Congrats on your feature my friend!!! This is really awesome!!! Thank you Swirlydoos for featuring a wonderful artist!!

Kim said...

Congrats Maria, nice to get to know you even better.

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed