Sunday, April 6, 2014
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for April is.....

Erica Ortiz
 
 
Here's a bit from Erica:
 

Hi everyone! My name is Erica Ortiz aka Mimi402 aka Lil Mimi. I am married to a wonderful man named Roberto (Bob) for almost 6 years. We actually met online and I couldn’t believe how we just clicked on our first date. I can still remember the nervousness I felt when driving to meet him for the first time.  I kept thinking to myself..he could be a stalker, crazy person or a big weirdo (lol).  But as life turns out, this man that I met online became my husband a year later and since he has been my number one supporter, partner and better half. I couldn’t have been so blessed to have found the man I was meant to spend the rest of my life with. 
As for me, I work full time for the federal government and have a Bachelor’s in IT (Information Technology).  I don’t love my job (being honest) but I’m very grateful for it.  My husband and I don’t have any children and our fur baby passed away in October of last year. So we’ve had our tough times BUT I have always had my creative hobbies to help me get through those moments. 
 
I remember the first day I came across Swirlydoos and was blown away! I thought to myself, holy moly..people do this with paper..its freakin awesome! I was hooked, I couldn’t wait to get my first kit in the mail. I joined Swirlydoos in Jan of 2011. And that is around the time when I first started scrapping. I ran to my local scrap store to buy my necessities and ended up buying more than I would actually use and still have in my craft room to this day. Total rookie mistake, like seriously..who needs 5 paper pads of glittered card stock? LOL I look at my first layouts and can’t help but giggle. I can’t believe how much I’ve grown since then and my style has changed so much since I’ve been here. My style is totally shabby and what I like to think romantic. I just love adding tons of flowers and product to my layouts. I totally have a problem with negative space, I just can’t do it. But I’ve seen others, and they make it look so easy and gorgeous.  The round robin is hands down my favorite challenge at Swirlydoos because it gave me a sense of guidance to be able to lift something that someone else had created. And the members here, they are seriously one of the most nicest and encouraging group of people that I have ever met. Without them and their constant support I wouldn’t have had the courage to show others my creative side.  I have learned so much from the swirly girls and I owe it all to my swirly family.  Thanks guys! 
 
Here are a some of my favorite projects of Erica's, sure to inspire you!!
 
souslo013114.jpg
 
SDSGC1113.jpg
 
SDSGC1017.jpg
 
 
Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be! We love our Swirlygirls!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lovely layouts, gorgeous!

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Lil Mimi, I'm so glad to have "met" you here at Swirlydoos and to have you as a Savage Sister!!!!
Congratulations to you for being featured, and a huge thank you for sharing your inspiring creativity with us all!!!

Tracey Gregory said...

Congrats on the well deserved feature! We have both grown along with Swirly and your creations are amazing!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed