Tuesday, March 24, 2015
Hello friends! It's my turn for Designer Spotlight using the March Kit, Garden Romance. We didn't have blog hop this month, instead we are doing a designer spotlight.  I'll be sharing my projects and tell you bit on how I work my creative process.

The hard part is the wait! I'm constantly checking my CNS to track where my package is. My mail comes late...hate that! Usually right when I'm in the middle of cooking dinner for the family. The door bell rings and one of the kids brings in my box of goodies. When they see Swirlydoos on the shipping label they know to put it on Mommy's scrap desk! Now, I know it's here but can't rip it open until dinner is served, eaten, and cleaned up. Once everything is done, I  head to my scrap room and begin the petting process...lol! I pull out all the  packages and open all the add-ons first and the Main kit last. I admire and organize  all the flowers, papers, and embellishments. Then leave it! I can't scrap at night. The next morning is when I pick and edit my photos. I print them out and begin!

I always scrap the sketch first. For the March kit I used the sketch twice. I pick the papers I'm going to use. Always a cardstock for the Cardstock Add-on and usually 2-3 pattern papers. I love to layer and distress the paper so I get the Pattern Paper Add-on as well.


 
March Sketch
                                     

Once I have design done with layering of paper and mixed media,then I add all the embellishments. I love flowers and other goodies so I also get the Flower and Embellishment Add-on.
On my fourth page,  I start to run out of embellies and honestly....ideas! LOL! So, it's usually what I like to call a "lighter page".

It takes me about 3-4 hours to complete a layout. So, when I'm pinched on time I'll make a card with left over scraps. Making a card takes about an hour.
 
Thanks for taking reading about my creative process!
Don't forget if you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Angelica Franssen) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!”
 
 

1 comments:

Merrihew said...

Gorgeous work, Angelica!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed